As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. Portend, serve as an omen (augur well or ill). —n. Hist. Roman religious official interpreting natural phenomena in order to pronounce on proposed actions. [latin]
adj. Of the ear or hearing. aurally adv. [latin auris ear]
n. Plant hormone that regulates growth.
—v. - help; be of use.
- refl. (foll. By of) make use of, profit by. —n. Use, profit (of no avail). [latin valeo be strong] AVERT
v. (often foll. By from) 1 turn away (one's eyes or thoughts).
- prevent or ward off (esp. Danger). AVOID
v. - keep away or refrain from.
- escape; evade. - law quash, annul. avoidable adj. Avoidance n. [french] AWAIT
v. - wait for.
- be in store for. [french: related to *wait] AWAKE
—v. (-king; past awoke; past part. Awoken) 1 cease to sleep or arouse from sleep.
- (often foll. By to) become or make alert, aware, or active. —predic. Adj. - not asleep. - (often foll. By to) alert, aware. [old english: related to *a2] AWARD
—v. Give or order to be given as a payment or prize. —n. - thing or amount awarded.
- judicial decision. [french] AWARE
predic. Adj. - (often foll. By of or that) conscious; having knowledge.
- well-informed. awareness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A pig"s penis is shaped like a corkscrew.