Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - a hard durable timber.
- large indian or se asian deciduous tree yielding this. [portuguese from malayalam] TEAL
n. (pl. Same) small freshwater duck. [origin unknown]
spirit n. Willingness to act for the communal good.
- —n. - set of players forming one side in a game. - two or more people working together. - set of draught animals. —v. - (usu. Foll. By up) join in a team or in common action (teamed up with them). - (foll. By with) match or coordinate (clothes). [old english] TEAR
—v. (past tore; past part. Torn) 1 (often foll. By up) pull apart or to pieces with some force (tore up the letter).
- a make a hole or rent in this way; undergo this (have torn my coat; curtain tore). B make (a hole or rent). - (foll. By away, off, at, etc.) Pull violently (tore off the cover; tore down the notice). - violently disrupt or divide (torn by guilt). - colloq. Go hurriedly (tore across the road). —n. - hole etc. Caused by tearing. - torn part of cloth etc. be torn between have difficulty in choosing between. Tear apart 1 search (a place) exhaustively. - criticize forcefully. - destroy; divide utterly; distress greatly. Tear one's hair out colloq. Behave with extreme desperation. Tear into colloq. - severely reprimand. - start (an activity) vigorously. Tear oneself away leave reluctantly. Tear to shreds colloq. Refute or criticize thoroughly. That's torn it colloq. That has spoiled things etc. [old english] - n. - drop of clear salty liquid secreted by glands from the eye, and shed esp. In grief. - tearlike thing; drop. in tears crying. [old english] TEAT
n. - mammary nipple, esp. Of an animal.
- rubber nipple for sucking from a bottle. [french from germanic] TECH
n. (also tec) colloq. Technical college. [abbreviation]
v. - be abundant.
- (foll. By with) be full of or swarming with (teeming with ideas). [old english, = give birth to] - v. (often foll. By down) (of water etc.) Flow copiously; pour (teeming with rain). [old norse] TEEN
attrib. Adj. = *teenage. [abbreviation]
- suffix forming numerals from 13 to 19. [old english] TEFF
n. An african cereal. [amharic]
abbr. Teaching of english as a foreign language.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.