Upon waking, a woman said to her husband, "I just dreamt that you gave me a necklace of pearls. What do you think it means?"
The man smiled and kissed his wife. "Youll know tonight," he softly whispered.
That evening, the man came home with a small package which he gave to his wife. She jumped up and embraced him, and then settled on the couch to slowly and delicately unwrap the package.
It contained a book entitled, "The Meaning of Dreams".
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Slang on one's tod alone; on one's own. [rhyming slang on one's tod sloan]
—n. - any of the five terminal projections of the foot.
- corresponding part of an animal. - part of a shoe etc. That covers the toes. - lower end or tip of an implement etc. —v. (toes, toed, toeing) touch (a starting-line etc.) With the toes. on one's toes alert. Toe the line conform, esp. Under pressure. [old english] TOG
colloq. —n. (usu. In pl.) Item of clothing. —v. (-gg-) (foll. By out, up) dress. [apparently originally cant: ultimately related to latin *toga]
- n. Unit of thermal resistance used to express the insulating properties of clothes and quilts. [arbitrary, probably from *tog1] TOM
dick, and harry n. (also tom, dick, or harry) (usu. Prec. By any or every) person taken at random (any tom, dick, or harry can walk in).
- n. (in full tom-cat) male cat. [abbreviation of the name thomas] TON
n. - (in full long ton) unit of weight equal to 2,240 lb (1016.05 kg).
- (in full short ton) unit of weight equal to 2,000 lb (907.19 kg). - = *metric ton. - (in full displacement ton) unit of measurement of a ship's weight or volume. - (usu. In pl.) Colloq. Large number or amount (tons of people). - slang a speed of 100 m.p.h. B £100. weigh a ton colloq. Be very heavy. [originally the same word as *tun] TOO
adv. - to a greater extent than is desirable or permissible (too large).
- colloq. Very (not too sure). - in addition (i'm coming too). - moreover (food was bad, and expensive too). none too rather less than (feeling none too good). Too bad see *bad. Too much intolerable. Too much for 1 more than a match for. - beyond what is endurable by. Too right see *right. [stressed form of *to] TOP
brass n. Colloq. Highest-ranking officers.
- dog n. Colloq. Victor; master. - drawer n. Colloq. High social position or origin. - gear n. Highest gear. - hat n. Tall silk hat. - secret adj. Of the highest secrecy. - —n. - highest point or part. - a highest rank or place. B person occupying this. C upper end or head (top of the table). - upper surface or part of a thing. - stopper of a bottle, lid of a jar, etc. - garment for the upper part of the body. - utmost degree; height (at the top of his voice). - (in pl.) Colloq. Person or thing of the best quality. - (esp. In pl.) Leaves etc. Of a plant grown esp. For its root (turnip-tops). - naut. Platform round the head of the lower mast. 10 = *top gear (climbed the hill in top). —attrib. Adj. - highest in position. - highest in degree or importance. —v. (-pp-) 1 provide with a top, cap, etc. - be higher or better than; surpass; be at the top of (topped the list). - reach the top of (a hill etc.). - slang kill. - golf hit (a ball) above the centre. off the top of one's head see *head. On top in a superior position; above. On top of 1 fully in command of. - in close proximity to. - in addition to. On top of the world colloq. Exuberant. Over the top 1 over the parapet of a trench (and into battle). - beyond what is normally acceptable (that joke was over the top). Top off (or up) put an end or the finishing touch to. - n. Toy spinning on a point when set in motion. [old english] TOR
n. Hill or rocky peak. [old english]
n. - small child.
- dram of liquor. [originally dial.] - v. (-tt-) 1 (usu. Foll. By up) add (figures etc.). - (foll. By up) (of items) mount up. tot up to amount to. [abbreviation of *total or of latin totum the whole] TOW
—v. Pull (a boat, vehicle, etc.) Along by a rope etc. —n. Towing or being towed. have in (or on) tow 1 be towing.
- be accompanied by and often in charge of (a person). On tow being towed. [old english] - n. Coarse part of flax or hemp prepared for spinning. [low german touw]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Jellyfish have no brains, yet they can tell light from dark, and sence movement.