The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
eye movement n. Type of jerky movement of the eyes during dreaming.
- —adj. (-er, -est) 1 quick, swift. - acting or completed in a short time. - (of a slope) descending steeply. —n. (usu. In pl.) Steep descent in a river-bed, with a swift current. rapidity n. Rapidly adv. Rapidness n. [latin: related to *rape1] RATIO
n. (pl. -s) quantitative relation between two similar magnitudes expressed as the number of times one contains the other (in the ratio of three to two). [latin reor rat- reckon]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 relating to or infested with rats.
- colloq. Irritable, bad-tempered. rattily adv. Rattiness n. RAVEL
v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 entangle or become entangled.
- fray out. - (often foll. By out) disentangle, unravel, separate into threads. [probably dutch ravelen] RAVEN
—n. Large glossy blue-black crow with a hoarse cry. —adj. Glossy black. [old english]
n. Colloq. Uninhibited pleasure-loving person.
n. Textile fibre or fabric made from cellulose. [from *ray1]
n. Instrument with a sharp blade used in cutting hair, esp. Shaving. [french rasor: related to *raze]
—v. - (often foll. By out) stretch out, extend.
- (often foll. By for) stretch out the hand etc.; make a stretch or effort. - get as far as. - get to or attain. - make contact with the hand etc., or by telephone etc. (could not be reached). - hand, pass (reach me that book). - take with an outstretched hand. - naut. Sail with the wind abeam or abaft the beam. —n. - extent to which a hand etc. Can be reached out, influence exerted, motion carried out, or mental powers used. - act of reaching out. - continuous extent, esp. Of river between two bends or of canal between locks. - naut. Distance traversed in reaching. reachable adj. [old english] REACT
v. - (often foll. By to) respond to a stimulus; change or behave differently due to some influence (reacted badly to the news).
- (often foll. By against) respond with repulsion to; tend in a reverse or contrary direction. - (foll. By with) (of a substance or particle) be the cause of chemical activity or interaction with another (nitrous oxide reacts with the metal). - (foll. By with) cause (a substance) to react with another.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.