A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn"t improve.
Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can"t handle his instrument and doesn"t improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer."
A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can"t handle even that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
eye movement n. Type of jerky movement of the eyes during dreaming.
- —adj. (-er, -est) 1 quick, swift. - acting or completed in a short time. - (of a slope) descending steeply. —n. (usu. In pl.) Steep descent in a river-bed, with a swift current. rapidity n. Rapidly adv. Rapidness n. [latin: related to *rape1] RATIO
n. (pl. -s) quantitative relation between two similar magnitudes expressed as the number of times one contains the other (in the ratio of three to two). [latin reor rat- reckon]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 relating to or infested with rats.
- colloq. Irritable, bad-tempered. rattily adv. Rattiness n. RAVEL
v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 entangle or become entangled.
- fray out. - (often foll. By out) disentangle, unravel, separate into threads. [probably dutch ravelen] RAVEN
—n. Large glossy blue-black crow with a hoarse cry. —adj. Glossy black. [old english]
n. Colloq. Uninhibited pleasure-loving person.
n. Textile fibre or fabric made from cellulose. [from *ray1]
n. Instrument with a sharp blade used in cutting hair, esp. Shaving. [french rasor: related to *raze]
—v. - (often foll. By out) stretch out, extend.
- (often foll. By for) stretch out the hand etc.; make a stretch or effort. - get as far as. - get to or attain. - make contact with the hand etc., or by telephone etc. (could not be reached). - hand, pass (reach me that book). - take with an outstretched hand. - naut. Sail with the wind abeam or abaft the beam. —n. - extent to which a hand etc. Can be reached out, influence exerted, motion carried out, or mental powers used. - act of reaching out. - continuous extent, esp. Of river between two bends or of canal between locks. - naut. Distance traversed in reaching. reachable adj. [old english] REACT
v. - (often foll. By to) respond to a stimulus; change or behave differently due to some influence (reacted badly to the news).
- (often foll. By against) respond with repulsion to; tend in a reverse or contrary direction. - (foll. By with) (of a substance or particle) be the cause of chemical activity or interaction with another (nitrous oxide reacts with the metal). - (foll. By with) cause (a substance) to react with another.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.