As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
attrib. Adj. Roll-on roll-off. [abbreviation]
n. Light pink wine. [french]
- —n. - prickly bush or shrub bearing usu. Fragrant red, pink, yellow, or white flowers. - this flower. - flowering plant resembling this (christmas rose). - a pinkish-red colour. B (usu. In pl.) Rosy complexion (roses in her cheeks). - sprinkling-nozzle of a watering-can etc. - circular electric light mounting on a ceiling. - a representation of a rose in heraldry etc. B rose-shaped design. - (in pl.) Used to express luck, ease, success, etc. (roses all the way; everything's roses). —adj. = *rose-coloured 1. [latin rosa] - past of *rise. ROSY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 pink or red.
- optimistic, hopeful (rosy future). rosily adv. Rosiness n. ROTA
n. List of duties to be done or names of people to do them in turn; roster. [latin, = wheel]
n. (usu. Prec. By by; also attrib.) Mechanical or habitual repetition (in order to memorize) (rote learning). [origin unknown]
n. (esp. Elderly) debauchee. [french]
—n. - disorderly retreat of defeated troops (put them to rout).
- overthrow, defeat. —v. Put to flight, defeat. [french: related to *route] - v. = *root2. [var. Of *root2] ROUX
n. (pl. Same) mixture of fat and flour used in sauces etc. [french]
v. (-ving) 1 wander without settling; roam, ramble.
- (of eyes) look about. [probably scandinavian] - past of *reeve2. RSPB
abbr. Royal society for the protection of birds.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.