What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
n. (pl. -ies) dining-room, esp. In a monastery or college. [latin reficio renew]
- table n. Long narrow table.
book n. Book intended to be consulted for occasional information rather than to be read continuously.
- n. - referring of a matter for decision or settlement or consideration to some authority.
- scope given to this authority.
- (foll. By to) a relation, respect, or correspondence. B allusion. C direction to a book etc. (or a passage in it) where information may be found. D book or passage so cited.
- act of looking up a passage etc., or referring to a book or person for information.
- a written testimonial supporting an applicant for employment etc. B person giving this. with (or in) reference to regarding; as regards; about. referential adj.
n. Inflation of a financial system to restore its previous condition after deflation. reflationary adj. [from *re-, after inflation, deflation]
n. - piece of glass or metal etc. For reflecting light in a required direction, e.g. A red one on the back of a motor vehicle or bicycle.
- a telescope etc. Using a mirror to produce images. B the mirror itself.
var. Of *reflection.
gram. —adj. - (of a word or form, esp. Of a pronoun) referring back to the subject of a sentence (e.g. Myself).
- (of a verb) having a reflexive pronoun as its object (as in to wash oneself). —n. Reflexive word or form, esp. A pronoun (e.g. Myself).
n. Policy of reform rather than abolition or revolution. reformist n. & adj.
n. - refracting medium or lens.
- telescope using a lens to produce an image.
course n. Course reviewing or updating previous studies.
- n. - something that refreshes, esp. A drink.
- law extra fee payable to counsel in a prolonged case.
adj. Literary shining, gloriously bright. refulgence n. [latin refulgeo shine brightly]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Butterflies taste with their feet.