A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-rr-) 1 come into being as an event or process.
- exist or be encountered in some place or conditions. - (foll. By to) come into the mind of. [latin occurro befall] OCEAN
n. - large expanse of sea, esp. Each of the main areas called the atlantic, pacific, indian, arctic, and antarctic oceans.
- (often in pl.) Colloq. Very large expanse or quantity. oceanic adj. [greek okeanos] OCHER
n. (brit. Ochre) 1 earth used as yellow, brown, or red pigment.
- pale brownish-yellow colour. ochreous adj. [greek okhra] OCHRE
n. (us ocher) 1 earth used as yellow, brown, or red pigment.
- pale brownish-yellow colour. ochreous adj. [greek okhra] OCTET
n. (also octette) 1 a musical composition for eight performers. B the performers.
- group of eight. [italian or german: related to *octa-] ODIUM
n. Widespread dislike or disapproval of a person or action. [latin, = hatred]
n. (us odor) 1 smell or fragrance.
- quality or trace (an odour of intolerance). - regard, repute (in bad odour). odorous adj. Odourless adj. [latin odor] OFFAL
n. - less valuable edible parts of a carcass, esp. The heart, liver, etc.
- refuse, scraps. [dutch afval: related to *off, *fall] OFFER
—v. - present for acceptance, refusal, or consideration.
- (foll. By to + infin.) Express readiness or show intention. - provide; give an opportunity for. - make available for sale. - present to the attention. - present (a sacrifice etc.). - present itself; occur (as opportunity offers). - attempt (violence, resistance, etc.). —n. - expression of readiness to do or give if desired, or to buy or sell. - amount offered. - proposal (esp. Of marriage). - bid. on offer for sale at a certain (esp. Reduced) price. [latin offero oblat-] OFTEN
adv. (oftener, oftenest) 1 a frequently; many times. B at short intervals.
- in many instances.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.