A college student was delivering pizza to a regular customer"s house in New York.
The guy who answered the door asked him, "What is the usual tip?"
"Well," replied the youth,"this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I"ll be doing great."
"Is that so?" snorted the man. "Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here"s five dollars."
"Thanks!" replied the youth, "I"ll put this in my school fund."
"What are you studying?" asked the man.
The lad smiled and said: "Applied psychology."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
comb. Form 1 straight.
- right, correct. [greek orthos straight] OSCAR
n. Any of the statuettes awarded by the us academy of motion picture arts and sciences for excellence in film acting, directing, etc. [man's name]
n. - willow used in basketwork.
- shoot of this. [french] OSITY
suffix forming nouns from adjectives in -ose and -ous (verbosity; curiosity). [latin -ositas]
comb. Form bone. [greek osteon]
day n. (also other night) (prec. By the) a few days (or nights) ago.
- half n. Colloq. One's wife or husband. - woman n. (prec. By the) married man's mistress. - —adj. - not the same as one or some already mentioned or implied; separate in identity or distinct in kind (other people; use other means). - a further; additional (a few other examples). B second of two (open your other eye). - (prec. By the) only remaining (must be in the other pocket; where are the other two?). - (foll. By than) apart from. —n. Or pron. Other person or thing. OTTER
n. - aquatic fish-eating mammal with webbed feet and thick brown fur.
- its fur. [old english] OUGHT
v.aux. (as present and past, the only form now in use) 1 expressing duty or rightness (we ought to be thankful; it ought to have been done long ago).
- advisability (you ought to see a dentist). - probability (it ought to rain soon). ought not negative form of ought (he ought not to have stolen it). [old english, past of *owe] OUIJA
n. (in full ouija board) propr. Board marked with letters or signs and used with a movable pointer to try to obtain messages at a seance. [french oui, german ja, yes]
n. - unit of weight, 1/16 lb or approx. 28 g.
- very small quantity. [latin uncia twelfth part of a pound or a foot]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A duck can"t walk without bobbing it"s head.