It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Painted curtain lowered on to a stage.
n. Instrument measuring energy expended. [greek: related to *dynamic]
n. Abnormality or impairment of functioning.
n. - order of execution.
- anything that causes the end of an established practice etc. DECENTRALIZE
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 transfer (power etc.) From central to local authority.
- reorganize to give greater local autonomy. decentralization n. DECONGESTANT
n. Medicine etc. That relieves nasal congestion.
n. - becoming degenerate.
- med. Morbid deterioration of body tissue etc. [latin: related to *degenerate] DELIBERATION
n. - careful consideration; discussion.
- careful slowness. DELIBERATIVE
adj. (esp. Of an assembly etc.) Of or for deliberation or debate.
n. - shop selling esp. Exotic cooked meats, cheeses, etc.
- (often attrib.) Such foods. [french: related to *delicate]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.