As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. (past and past part. -laid) lay something under (a thing) to support or raise it. —n. Thing so laid (esp. Under a carpet).
- past of *underlie. UNDERLIE
v. (-lying; past -lay; past part. -lain) 1 (also absol.) Lie under (a stratum etc.).
- (also absol.) (esp. As underlying adj.) Be the basis of (a doctrine, conduct, etc.). - exist beneath the superficial aspect of. UNDERPAY
v. (past and past part. -paid) pay too little to (a person) or for (a thing). underpayment n.
v. (-nn-) 1 support from below with masonry etc.
- support, strengthen. UNDERSEA
adj. Below the sea or its surface.
n. Current below the surface of the sea contrary to the surface current.
v. (-ting) (cause to) have a wavy motion or look. undulation n. [latin unda wave]
adj. Not earned.
- income n. Income from investments etc. Rather than from working. UNEDITED
adj. Not edited.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.