A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: S
Found: 3438 results
—v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 weep with sniffling.
- run at the nose; sniffle.
- show weak or tearful sentiment. —n. Act of snivelling. [old english]
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Supercilious; conceited; snobbish. snootily adv. [origin unknown]
colloq. —n. Short sleep, nap. —v. (-zing) take a snooze. [origin unknown]
adj. (-ier, -iest) slang 1 running or covered with nasal mucus.
- mean, contemptible. snottily adv. Snottiness n.
n. Association football. [from *assoc.]
climber n. Person anxious to gain a higher social status.
- contract n. Agreement between the state and population for mutual advantage.
- democracy n. Political system favouring a mixed economy and democratic social change. social democrat n.
- science n. The study of society and social relationships. social scientist n.
- security n. State assistance to the poor and unemployed etc.
- services n.pl. Welfare services provided by the state, esp. Education, health, and housing.
- work n. Professional or voluntary work with disadvantaged groups. social worker n.
- —adj. - of society or its organization, esp. Of the relations of people or classes of people.
- living in organized communities.
- needing companionship; gregarious. —n. Social gathering, esp. Of a club. socially adv. [latin: related to *sociable]
n. Hollow for something to fit into etc., esp. A device receiving an electric plug, light-bulb, etc. [anglo-french]
adj. - saturated; soaked through.
- stupid or dull etc. With drunkenness. [archaic past part. Of *seethe]
bicarbonate n. White crystalline compound used in baking-powder.
- chloride n. Common salt.
- hydroxide n. Strongly alkaline compound used in soap etc.; caustic soda.
- lamp n. Lamp using sodium vapour and giving a yellow light.
- n. Soft silver-white metallic element. [from *soda]
- nitrate n. White powdery compound used in fertilizers etc.
n. = *buggery. sodomize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). [latin from sodom: gen. 18,19]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.