As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife"s voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there"s a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Heck," said Herman, "It"s not just one car. It"s hundreds of them!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 weep with sniffling.
- run at the nose; sniffle. - show weak or tearful sentiment. —n. Act of snivelling. [old english] SNOOTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Supercilious; conceited; snobbish. snootily adv. [origin unknown]
colloq. —n. Short sleep, nap. —v. (-zing) take a snooze. [origin unknown]
adj. (-ier, -iest) slang 1 running or covered with nasal mucus.
- snooty. - mean, contemptible. snottily adv. Snottiness n. SOCCER
n. Association football. [from *assoc.]
climber n. Person anxious to gain a higher social status.
- contract n. Agreement between the state and population for mutual advantage. - democracy n. Political system favouring a mixed economy and democratic social change. social democrat n. - science n. The study of society and social relationships. social scientist n. - security n. State assistance to the poor and unemployed etc. - services n.pl. Welfare services provided by the state, esp. Education, health, and housing. - work n. Professional or voluntary work with disadvantaged groups. social worker n. - —adj. - of society or its organization, esp. Of the relations of people or classes of people. - living in organized communities. - needing companionship; gregarious. —n. Social gathering, esp. Of a club. socially adv. [latin: related to *sociable] SOCKET
n. Hollow for something to fit into etc., esp. A device receiving an electric plug, light-bulb, etc. [anglo-french]
adj. - saturated; soaked through.
- stupid or dull etc. With drunkenness. [archaic past part. Of *seethe] SODIUM
bicarbonate n. White crystalline compound used in baking-powder.
- chloride n. Common salt. - hydroxide n. Strongly alkaline compound used in soap etc.; caustic soda. - lamp n. Lamp using sodium vapour and giving a yellow light. - n. Soft silver-white metallic element. [from *soda] - nitrate n. White powdery compound used in fertilizers etc. SODOMY
n. = *buggery. sodomize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). [latin from sodom: gen. 18,19]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.