One day an unknown youth asked Mozart to explain to him how to start to compose a symphony.
- You are young, - answered Mozart. In the beginning write a ballade, and if you like it, come to me.
- But you! At the age of ten you have composed a lot of music.
- But I did not ask anybody how to do it.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - thick greasy mud or sediment.
- sewage. sludgy adj. [cf. *slush] SLUICE
—n. - (also sluice-gate, sluice-valve) sliding gate or other contrivance for regulating the volume or flow of water.
- water so regulated. - (sluice-way) artificial water-channel, esp. For washing ore. - place for rinsing. - act of rinsing. —v. (-cing) 1 provide or wash with a sluice or sluices. - rinse, esp. With running water. - (foll. By out, away) wash out or away with a flow of water. - (of water) rush out (as if) from a sluice. [french escluse] SLURRY
n. Thin semi-liquid cement, mud, manure, etc. [related to dial. Slur thin mud]
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Ingratiating. smarmily adv. Smarminess n.
adj. (-ier, -iest) having a strong or unpleasant smell. smelliness n.
n. Any of several climbing shrubs. [greek, = bindweed]
—v. Soil; discredit. —n. Spot, stain. [origin unknown]
n. (pl. -ies) blacksmith's workshop, forge. [related to *smith]
n. - person who habitually smokes.
- compartment on a train where smoking is allowed. SMOOCH
colloq. —n. - period of slow close dancing.
- period of kissing and caressing. —v. Engage in a smooch. smoochy adj. [imitative]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.