Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 rapid.
- done without delay; prompt. speedily adv. Speediness n. SPHERE
n. - solid figure with every point on its surface equidistant from its centre; its surface.
- ball, globe. - a field of action, influence, etc. B social class. - hist. Each of the revolving shells in which celestial bodies were thought to be set. [greek sphaira ball] SPHINX
n. - (sphinx) (in greek mythology) winged monster with a woman's head and a lion's body, whose riddle oedipus guessed.
- antiq. A ancient egyptian stone figure with a lion's body and a human or animal head. SPIDER
crab n. Crab with long thin legs.
- monkey n. Monkey with long limbs and a prehensile tail. - n. Eight-legged arthropod of which many species spin webs esp. To capture insects as food. [old english: related to *spin] - plant n. House plant with long narrow striped leaves. SPIGOT
n. - small peg or plug, esp. In a cask.
- device for controlling the flow of liquid in a tap. [related to *spike2] SPINAL
adj. Of the spine. [latin: related to *spine]
- column n. Spine. - cord n. Cylindrical nervous structure within the spine. SPINET
n. Hist. Small harpsichord with oblique strings. [italian spinetta]
staircase n. Circular staircase round a central axis.
- —adj. - coiled in a plane or as round a cylinder or cone. - having this shape. —n. - spiral curve or thing (spiral of smoke). - progressive rise or fall of two or more quantities alternately because each depends on the other(s). —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 move in a spiral course. - (of prices, wages, etc.) Rise or fall continuously. spirally adv. [greek speira coil] SPIREA
n. (brit. Spiraea) shrub with clusters of small white or pink flowers. [greek: related to *spiral]
gum n. Quick-drying gum for attaching false hair.
- —n. - person's essence or intelligence; soul. - a rational or intelligent being without a material body. B ghost. - a person's character (an unbending spirit). B attitude (took it in the wrong spirit). C type of person (is a free spirit; a kindred spirit). D prevailing tendency (spirit of the age). - a (usu. In pl.) Strong distilled liquor, e.g. Whisky or gin. B distilled volatile liquid (wood spirit). C purified alcohol (methylated spirit). - a courage, vivacity. B (in pl.) State of mind, mood (in high spirits; his spirits were dashed). - essential as opposed to formal meaning (the spirit of the law). —v. (-t-) (usu. Foll. By away, off, etc.) Convey rapidly or mysteriously. in spirit inwardly. [latin spiritus: related to *spirant]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.