Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - statement, assertion.
- scheme proposed, proposal. - logic statement subject to proof or disproof. - colloq. Problem, opponent, prospect, etc. For consideration (difficult proposition). - math. Formal statement of a theorem or problem, often including the demonstration. - a likely commercial etc. Enterprise etc. B person regarded similarly. - colloq. Sexual proposal. —v. Colloq. Make a (esp PROPRIETARY
adj. - a of or holding property (proprietary classes). B of a proprietor (proprietary rights).
- held in private ownership. [latin proprietarius: related to *property] - medicine n. Drug, medicine, etc. Produced by a company, usu. Under a patent. - name n. (also proprietary term) registered name of a product etc. As a trade mark. PROSECUTION
n. - a institution and continuation of (esp. Criminal) legal proceedings. B prosecuting party in a court case.
- prosecuting or being prosecuted (in the prosecution of his hobby). PROSELYTIZE
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) (also absol.) Convert or seek to convert from one belief etc. To another.
adj. Some day to be; expected; future (prospective bridegroom). [latin: related to *prospectus]
n. - chief person in a drama, story, etc.
- leading person in a contest etc.; principal performer. - (usu. Foll. By of, for) advocate or champion of a cause etc. (protagonist of women's rights). [greek: related to *proto-, agonistes actor] PROTEROZOIC
geol. —adj. Of the later part of the precambrian era. —n. This time. [greek proteros former, zoe life]
adj. Bulging out; prominent. protuberance n. [latin: related to *tuber]
—adj. - providing for immediate needs only; temporary.
- (provisional) of the unofficial wing of the ira, using terrorism. —n. (provisional) member of the provisional wing of the ira. provisionally adv. PROVOCATION
n. - provoking or being provoked (did it under severe provocation).
- cause of annoyance.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.