—adj. Lacking the necessary skill. —n. Incompetent person. incompetence n.
adj. - out of place; absurd.
- (often foll. By with) out of keeping. incongruity n. (pl. -ies). Incongruously adv.
adj. - unable to control the bowels or bladder.
- lacking self-restraint (esp. In sexual matters). incontinence n.
—v. (-ting) 1 include as a part or ingredient (incorporated all the latest features).
- (often foll. By in, with) unite (in one body).
- admit as a member of a company etc.
- (esp. As incorporated adj.) Form into a legal corporation. —adj. Incorporated. incorporation n. [latin corpus body]
adj. Without physical or material existence. incorporeally adv. Incorporeity n.
adj. Unwilling to believe; showing disbelief. incredulity n. Incredulously adv.
v. (-ting) 1 make (a person) appear to be guilty.
- charge with a crime. incrimination n. Incriminatory adj. [latin: related to *crime]
n. (pl. -la) 1 early printed book, esp. From before 1501.
- (in pl.) Early stages of a thing. [latin, (in pl.) = swaddling-clothes]
adj. That cannot be defined; mysterious. indefinably adv.
n. - indenting or being indented.