n. Staircase from a ship's deck to the saloon or cabins.
n. - compensating or being compensated.
- money etc. Given as recompense.
n. - a involved or confused condition or state. B complicating circumstance; difficulty.
- (often in pl.) Disease or condition aggravating or arising out of a previous one. [latin: related to *complicate]
n. - condensing or being condensed.
- condensed liquid (esp. Water on a cold surface).
- abridgement. [latin: related to *condense]
n. Maker or retailer of confectionery.
—n. Enclosed stall in a church in which the priest hears confessions. —adj. Of confession.
adj. - spoken or written in confidence.
- entrusted with secrets (confidential secretary).
- confiding. confidentiality n. Confidentially adv.
n. - confirming or being confirmed.
- rite confirming a baptized person as a member of the christian church.
n. Way a thing is formed; shape.
—adj. Gathered into a rounded mass. —n. - heterogeneous mass.
- group or corporation of merged firms. —v. (-ting) collect into a coherent mass. conglomeration n. [latin glomus -eris ball]