At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ting) (often foll. By on) 1 express pleasure at the happiness, good fortune, or excellence of (a person).
- refl. Think oneself fortunate or clever. congratulatory adj. [latin gratus pleasing] CONGREGATION
n. - gathering of people, esp. For religious worship.
- body of persons regularly attending a particular church etc. [latin: related to *congregate] CONSEQUENTLY
adv. & conj. As a result; therefore.
n. Preservation, esp. Of the natural environment. [latin: related to *conserve]
- of energy n. Principle that the total quantity of energy in any system that is not subject to external action remains constant. CONSERVATIVE
party n. Political party promoting free enterprise and private ownership.
- —adj. - a averse to rapid change. B (of views, taste, etc.) Moderate, avoiding extremes. - (of an estimate etc.) Purposely low. - (usu. Conservative) of conservatives or the conservative party. - tending to conserve. —n. - conservative person. - (usu. Conservative) supporter or member of the conservative party. conservatism n. [latin: related to *conserve] CONSERVATORY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 greenhouse for tender plants, esp. Attached to a house.
- esp. Us = *conservatoire. [latin and italian: related to *conserve] CONSIDERABLE
adj. - much; a lot of (considerable pain).
- notable, important. considerably adv. CONSTABULARY
n. (pl. -ies) police force. [medieval latin: related to *constable]
n. Difficulty in emptying the bowels.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 body of voters who elect a representative.
- area so represented.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.