A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - way of acting or advancing, esp. In business or legal action.
- way of performing a task. - series of actions conducted in a certain order or manner. procedural adj. [french: related to *proceed] PROCESSOR
n. Machine that processes things, esp.: 1 = *central processor.
- = *food processor. PROCREATE
v. (-ting) (often absol.) Produce (offspring) naturally. procreation n. Procreative adj. [latin: related to *create]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 profane act or language; blasphemy.
- swear-word. PROFESSED
adj. - self-acknowledged (professed christian).
- alleged, ostensible. professedly adv. PROFESSOR
n. - a (often as a title) highest-ranking academic teaching in a university department; holder of a university chair. B us university teacher.
- person who professes a religion etc. professorial adj. Professorship n. PROFITEER
—v. Make or seek excessive profits, esp. Illegally or on the black market. —n. Person who profiteers.
n. (pl. -noses) forecast, esp. Of the course of a disease. [greek gignosko know]
(us program) —n. - list of events, performers, etc. At a public function etc.
- radio or television broadcast. - plan of events (programme is dinner and an early night). - course or series of studies, lectures, etc. - (usu. Program) series of coded instructions for a computer etc. —v. (-mm-; us -m-) 1 make a programme of. - (usu. Program) express (a problem) or instruct (a computer) by means of a program. programmable adj. Programmatic adj. Programmer n. (in sense 5 of n.). [greek grapho write] PROJECTOR
n. Apparatus for projecting slides or film on to a screen.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An ostrich"s eye is bigger than its brain.