Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: M
Found: 1627 results
n. (pl. -ies) 1 secret, hidden, or inexplicable matter.
- secrecy or obscurity.
- (attrib.) Secret, undisclosed (mystery guest).
- practice of making a secret of things (engaged in mystery and intrigue).
- (in full mystery story) fictional work dealing with a puzzling event, esp. A murder.
- a religious truth divinely revealed.
- (in pl.) A secret religious rites of the ancient greeks, romans, etc. B archaic eucharist. [greek musterion: related to *mystic]
- play n. Miracle play.
- tour n. Pleasure trip to an unspecified destination.
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 bewilder, confuse.
- wrap in mystery. mystification n. [french: related to *mystic or *mystery]
n. Small pasta tubes. [italian from greek]
n. Small almond cake or biscuit. [italian: related to *macaroni]
v. (-ting) 1 soften by soaking.
- waste away by fasting. maceration n. [latin]
n. Being macho; masculine pride. [spanish]
n. (pl. Same or -s) marine fish used as food. [anglo-french]
- sky n. Sky dappled with rows of small white fleecy clouds.
n. - colloq. Scene of confused uproar.
- archaic mental home or hospital.
n. Part-song, usu. Unaccompanied, for several voices. [italian]
n. Woman who is mad.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.