- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: M
Found: 1627 results
n. Principal mast of a ship.
n. - (in a square-rigged vessel) lowest sail on the mainmast.
- (in a fore-and-aft rigged vessel) sail set on the after part of the mainmast.
n. - chief support.
- stay from the maintop to the foot of the foremast.
v. - cause to continue; keep up (an activity etc.).
- support by work, expenditure, etc.
- assert as true.
- preserve (a house, machine, etc.) In good repair.
- provide means for. [latin manus hand, teneo hold]
n. (also majolica) white tin-glazed earthenware decorated with metallic colours or enamelled. [italian, from the former name of majorca]
adj. Stately and dignified; imposing. majestically adv.
var. Of *maiolica.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 (usu. Foll. By of) greater number or part.
- a number of votes by which a candidate wins. B party etc. Receiving the greater number of votes.
- full legal age.
- rank of major. [medieval latin: related to *major]
- rule n. Principle that the greater number should exercise the greater power.
n. Colloq. Humbug; nonsense. [origin unknown]
v. Pretend to be ill, esp. To escape work. malingerer n. [french malingre sickly]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Reindeer like to eat bananas.