A doctor and a lawyer were attending a cocktail party when the doctor was approached by a man who asked advice on how to handle his ulcer.
The doctor mumbled some medical advice, then turned to the lawyer and asked,
"How do you handle the situation when you are asked for advice during a social function?"
"Just send a bill for such advice" replied the lawyer.
On the next morning the doctor arrived at his surgery and issued the ulcer-stricken man a $50 bill.
That afternoon he received a $100 bill from the lawyer.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (in full holm-oak) evergreen oak with holly-like young leaves. [dial. Holm holly]
n.pl. Colloq. Holidays. [abbreviation]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 morally and spiritually excellent or perfect, and to be revered.
- belonging to or devoted to god. - consecrated, sacred. [old english: related to *whole] - communion see *communion. - ghost n. = *holy spirit. - grail see *grail. - land n. Area between the river jordan and the mediterranean sea. - of holies n. - sacred inner chamber of the jewish temple. - thing regarded as most sacred. - orders n.pl. The status of a bishop, priest, or deacon. - roman empire n. Western part of the roman empire as revived by charlemagne in 800 ad. - see n. Papacy or papal court. - spirit n. Third person of the trinity, god as spiritually acting. - week n. Week before easter. - writ n. Holy writings, esp. The bible. HOME
and dry predic. Adj. Having achieved one's aim.
- counties n.pl. The counties closest to london. - economics n.pl. The study of household management. - farm n. Principal farm on an estate, providing produce for the owner. - guard n. Hist. British citizen army organized for defence in 1940. - help n. Person helping with housework etc., esp. One provided by a local authority. - office n. British government department dealing with law and order, immigration, etc., in england and wales. - rule n. Government of a country or region by its own citizens. - secretary n. Secretary of state in charge of the home office. - truth n. Basic but unwelcome information about oneself. - —n. - a place where one lives; fixed residence. B dwelling-house. - family circumstances (comes from a good home). - native land. - institution caring for people or animals. - place where a thing originates, is kept, or is native or most common. - a finishing-point in a race. B (in games) place where one is safe; goal. - sport home match or win. —attrib. Adj. - a of or connected with one's home. B carried on, done, or made, at home. - in one's own country (home industries; the home market). - sport played on one's own ground etc. (home match). —adv. - to, at, or in one's home or country (go home; is he home yet?). HOMO
comb. Form same. [greek homos same]
- n. (pl. -s) colloq. Offens. Homosexual. [abbreviation] - sapiens n. Modern humans regarded as a species. [latin, = wise man] HOMY
var. Of *homey.
—n. Whetstone, esp. For razors. —v. (-ning) sharpen on or as on a hone. [old english]
—n. - sound of a car horn.
- cry of a wild goose. —v. (cause to) make a honk. [imitative] HOOD
suffix forming nouns: 1 of condition or state (childhood; falsehood).
- designating a group (sisterhood; neighbourhood). [old english] - —n. - a covering for the head and neck, esp. As part of a garment. B separate hoodlike garment. - folding top of a car etc. - us bonnet of a car etc. - protective cover. —v. Cover with or as with a hood. [old english] - n. Us slang gangster, gunman. [abbreviation of *hoodlum] HOOF
n. (pl. -s or hooves) horny part of the foot of a horse etc. hoof it slang go on foot. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.