Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Any of various gaseous compounds of carbon, bromine, and other halogens, used to extinguish fires. [related to *halogen]
n. Confection of sesame flour and honey etc. [yiddish from turkish helva from arabic halwa]
v. (-ving) 1 divide into two halves or parts; share equally between two.
- reduce by half. - golf use the same number of strokes as one's opponent in (a hole or match). HAMMY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Over-theatrical.
off —int. Warning not to touch or interfere with something. —adj. & adv. (also hands-off) not requiring the manual use of controls.
- on (also hands-on) —adj. & adv. Of or requiring personal operation at a keyboard. —attrib. Adj. Practical rather than theoretical (lacks hands-on experience). HANDY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 convenient to handle or use; useful.
- ready to hand. - clever with the hands. handily adv. Handiness n. HANKY
n. (also hankie) (pl. -ies) colloq. Handkerchief. [abbreviation]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
- a fortunate; characterized by happiness. B (of words, behaviour, etc.) Apt, pleasing. happily adv. Happiness n. - hour n. Time of the day when goods, esp. Drinks, are sold at reduced prices. - medium n. Compromise; avoidance of extremes. HARDY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 robust; capable of enduring difficult conditions.
- (of a plant) able to grow in the open air all year. hardiness n. [french hardi made bold] - annual n. Annual plant that may be sown in the open. HAREM
n. - women of a muslim household.
- their quarters. [arabic, = sanctuary]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can"t find any food.