As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - a food preparation in the form of a paste or solid block made from ground cacao seeds and usu. Sweetened. B sweet made of or coated with this. C drink containing this.
- deep brown. —adj. - made from chocolate. - deep brown. [aztec chocolatl] CHOPSTICK
n. Each of a pair of sticks held in one hand as eating utensils by the chinese, japanese, etc. [pidgin english from chinese, = nimble ones]
n. Member of a choir, esp. A choirboy. [french: related to *choir]
era n. Era reckoned from christ's birth.
- name n. Forename, esp. As given at baptism. - science n. Christian sect believing in the power of healing by prayer alone. christian scientist n. - —adj. - of christ's teaching. - believing in or following the religion of christ. - showing the associated qualities. - colloq. Kind. —n. Adherent of christianity. [latin christianus of *christ] CHRISTMAS
eve n. 24 dec.
- n. - (also christmas day) annual festival of christ's birth, celebrated on 25 dec. - period around this. christmassy adj. [old english: related to *christ, *mass2] - pudding n. Rich boiled pudding of flour, suet, dried fruit, etc. - rose n. White-flowered winter-blooming hellebore. - tree n. Evergreen tree or imitation of this set up and decorated at christmas. CHROMATIC
adj. - of colour; in colours.
- mus. A of or having notes not belonging to a particular diatonic scale. B (of a scale) ascending or descending by semitones. chromatically adv. [greek khroma -mat- colour] CHROMATIN
n. Chromosome material in a cell nucleus which stains with basic dyes. [greek: related to *chrome]
—n. Register of events in order of occurrence. —v. (-ling) record (events) thus. [greek khronika: related to *chronic]
n. (pl. -lises) 1 pupa of a butterfly or moth.
- case enclosing it. [greek khrusos gold] CHURCHMAN
n. Member of the clergy or of a church.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.