A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: B
Found: 1425 results
n. The study of plants. botanic adj. Botanical adj. Botanist n. [greek botane plant]
—v. - trouble; worry, disturb.
- (often foll. By about, with, or to + infin.) Take the time or trouble (didn't bother to tell me; shan't bother with dessert). —n. - a person or thing that bothers. B minor nuisance.
- trouble, worry. —int. Expressing irritation. [irish bodhraim deafen]
bank n. Place for depositing bottles for recycling.
- green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) dark green.
- party n. Party to which guests bring bottles of drink.
- —n. - container, esp. Glass or plastic, for storing liquid.
- amount filling it.
- baby's feeding-bottle.
- = *hot-water bottle.
- metal cylinder for liquefied gas.
- slang courage. —v. (-ling) 1 put into, or preserve in, bottles or jars.
- (foll. By up) conceal or restrain (esp. A feeling). hit the bottle slang drink heavily. [medieval latin: related to *butt4]
drawer n. Linen etc. Stored by a woman for marriage.
- line n. Colloq. Underlying truth; ultimate, esp. Financial, criterion.
- —n. - a lowest point or part. B base. C underneath part. D furthest or inmost part.
- colloq. A buttocks. B seat of a chair etc.
- a less honourable end of a table, class, etc. B person occupying this (he's bottom of the class).
- ground below water.
- basis or origin.
- essential character. —adj. Lowest, last. —v. - put a bottom to (a chair etc.).
- find the extent of.
- touch the bottom or lowest point (of). at bottom basically. Be at the bottom of have caused. Bottom out reach the lowest level. Get to the bottom of fully investigate and explain. [old english]
n. - looped or curled yarn (esp. Wool).
- fabric made of this. [french, = curled]
past and past part. Of *buy.
—v. (-cing) 1 (cause to) rebound.
- slang (of a cheque) be returned by a bank when there are no funds to meet it.
- (foll. By about, up, in, out, etc.) Jump, move, or rush boisterously. —n. - a rebound. B power of rebounding.
- colloq. A swagger, self-confidence. B liveliness. bounce back recover well after a setback. bouncy adj. (-ier, -iest). [imitative]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 generosity.
- reward, esp. From the state.
- gift. [french from latin bonus good]
n. - (bourse) paris stock exchange.
- money-market. [french: related to *purse]
adj. - of cattle.
- stupid, dull. [latin bos ox]
- spongiform encephalopathy see *bse.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The female lion does more than 90% of the hunting while the male simply prefers to rest.