An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
n. - act of acknowledging.
- a thing given or done in gratitude. B letter confirming receipt of something. - (usu. In pl.) Author's statement of gratitude, prefacing a book. AIRCONDITIONING
n. - system for regulating the humidity, ventilation, and temperature in a building.
- apparatus for this. air-conditioned adj. AIRCRAFTCARRIER
n. Warship carrying and used as a base for aircraft.
adj. Last but two.
adj. Regarding mankind as the centre of existence. [greek anthropos man]
n. Degeneration of the arteries caused by a build-up of fatty deposits. [greek athere groats]
n. (pl. Attorneys-general) chief legal officer in some countries.
n. Wrestling with few holds barred.
n. A vitamin (d3) produced by the action of sunlight on a steroid in the skin. [from *choler, *calciferol]
n. Fanciful or ideal place. [translation of greek nephelokokkugia in aristophanes' birds]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hedgehog"s heart beats 300 times a minute on average.