Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
- oblong mass of metal (esp. Iron or lead) from a smelting-furnace.
- slang derog. Police officer. —v. (-gg-) colloq. Eat (food) greedily. buy a pig in a poke acquire something without previous sight or knowledge of it. Pig it colloq. Live in a disorderly or filthy fashion. Pig out (often foll. By on) esp. Us slang eat gluttonously. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".