A man was driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back seat.
The police stop him and say that he can’t drive around with the penguins in the car and should take them to the zoo.
The man agrees and drives off.
The next day the same man is driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back and again he is stopped by the same police officer who says, "Hey! I thought I told you to take those to the zoo."
The man replies, "I did. Today I’m taking them to the movies."
cathedra adj. & adv. With full authority (esp. Of a papal pronouncement). [latin, = from the chair]
- gratia —adv. As a favour; not from (esp. Legal) obligation. —attrib. Adj. Granted on this basis. [latin, = from favour]
- officio adv. & attrib. Adj. By virtue of one's office. [latin]
- post facto adj. & adv. With retrospective action or force. [latin, = in the light of subsequent events]
- prefix (also before some consonants e-, ef- before f) 1 forming verbs meaning: a out, forth (exclude; exit). B upward (extol). C thoroughly (excruciate). D bring into a state (exasperate). E remove or free from (expatriate; exonerate).
- forming nouns from titles of office, status, etc., meaning ‘formerly’ (ex-president; ex-wife). [latin from ex out of]
- prep. (of goods) sold from (ex-works). [latin, = out of]
- n. Colloq. Former husband or wife. [see *ex-1 2]
- prefix out (exodus). [greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".