One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
cathedra adj. & adv. With full authority (esp. Of a papal pronouncement). [latin, = from the chair]
- gratia —adv. As a favour; not from (esp. Legal) obligation. —attrib. Adj. Granted on this basis. [latin, = from favour]
- officio adv. & attrib. Adj. By virtue of one's office. [latin]
- post facto adj. & adv. With retrospective action or force. [latin, = in the light of subsequent events]
- prefix (also before some consonants e-, ef- before f) 1 forming verbs meaning: a out, forth (exclude; exit). B upward (extol). C thoroughly (excruciate). D bring into a state (exasperate). E remove or free from (expatriate; exonerate).
- forming nouns from titles of office, status, etc., meaning ‘formerly’ (ex-president; ex-wife). [latin from ex out of]
- prep. (of goods) sold from (ex-works). [latin, = out of]
- n. Colloq. Former husband or wife. [see *ex-1 2]
- prefix out (exodus). [greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".