A doctor and a lawyer were attending a cocktail party when the doctor was approached by a man who asked advice on how to handle his ulcer.
The doctor mumbled some medical advice, then turned to the lawyer and asked,
"How do you handle the situation when you are asked for advice during a social function?"
"Just send a bill for such advice" replied the lawyer.
On the next morning the doctor arrived at his surgery and issued the ulcer-stricken man a $50 bill.
That afternoon he received a $100 bill from the lawyer.
brake n. Brake in which brake shoes on a vehicle press against the brake drum on a wheel.
- kit n. Set of drums in a band etc.
- machine n. Electronic device that simulates percussion.
- major n. Leader of a marching band.
- majorette n. Female baton-twirling member of a parading group.
- —n. - hollow esp. Cylindrical percussion instrument covered at the end(s) with plastic etc.
- (often in pl.) Percussion section of an orchestra etc.
- sound made by a drum.
- thing resembling a drum, esp. A container, etc.
- segment of a pillar.
- eardrum. —v. (-mm-) 1 play a drum.
- beat or tap continuously with the fingers etc.
- (of a bird or insect) make a loud noise with the wings. drum into drive (a lesson or facts) into (a person) by persistence. Drum out dismiss with ignominy. Drum up summon or get by vigorous effort (drum up support). [low german]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".