A wife sending a short message to her husband:
It was just said on the news that they found a hideous corpse with a hollow head, a cigar among ugly rotten teeth and a bottle of liquor in his hand. I"m worried about you! Please, give me a ring...
call —n. Marketing call on a person who has previously not shown interest in the product. —v. Visit or telephone (a person) in this way.
- chisel n. Chisel for cutting metal, stone, or brick.
- comfort n. Poor consolation.
- cream n. Ointment for cleansing and softening the skin.
- feet n.pl. Colloq. Loss of nerve.
- frame n. Unheated glass-topped frame for growing small plants.
- fusion n. Nuclear fusion at room temperature, esp. As a possible energy source.
- shoulder —n. (prec. By the) intentional unfriendliness. —v. (cold-shoulder) be deliberately unfriendly towards.
- sore n. Inflammation and blisters in and around the mouth, caused by a virus infection.
- storage n. - storage in a refrigerator.
- temporary putting aside (of an idea etc.), postponement.
- sweat n. Sweating induced by fear or illness.
- table n. Selection of dishes of cold food.
- turkey n. Slang abrupt withdrawal from addictive drugs.
- war n. Hostility between nations without actual fighting.
- —adj. - of or at a low temperature.
- not heated; cooled after heat.
- feeling cold.
- lacking ardour, friendliness, or affection.
- a depressing, uninteresting. B (of colour) suggestive of cold.
- a dead. B colloq. Unconscious.
- (of a scent in hunting) grown faint.
- (in games) far from finding what is sought. —n. - a prevalence of low temperature. B cold weather or environment.
- infection of the nose or throat with sneezing, catarrh, etc. —adv. Unrehearsed. in cold blood without emotion, deliberately. Out in the cold ignored, neglected. Throw (or pour) cold water on be discouraging about. coldly adv. Coldness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.