A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot.
The shop owner points to three identically looking parrots on a perch and says:
"The parrot on the left costs $500."
"Why does the parrot cost so much?", asks the guest.
The owner says,
"Well, the parrot knows how to use a computer."
The man then asks about the next parrot. He is told that this one costs $1000, because it can do everything the other parrot can do, plus it knows how to use the UNIX operating system.
Naturally, the increasingly startled man asks about the third parrot. He is told that it costs $2000. Needless to say this begs the question,
"What can it do?"
To which the owner replies,
"To be honest I have never seen it do a thing, but the other two call him boss!"
burglar n. Burglar who enters by climbing to an upper storey.
- door var. Of *cat flap.
- flap n. (also cat door) small swinging flap in an outer door, for a cat to pass in and out.
- n. - small soft-furred four-legged domesticated animal.
- wild animal of the same family, e.g. Lion, tiger.
- colloq. Malicious or spiteful woman.
- = *cat-o'-nine-tails. the cat's whiskers colloq. Excellent person or thing. Let the cat out of the bag reveal a secret. Like a cat on hot bricks very agitated. Put (or set) the cat among the pigeons cause trouble. Rain cats and dogs rain hard. [latin cattus]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".