—v. (past and past part. Burnt or burned) 1 (cause to) be consumed or destroyed by fire.
- blaze or glow with fire.
- (cause to) be injured or damaged by fire, heat, radiation, acid, etc.
- use or be used as fuel etc.
- char in cooking.
- produce (a hole, mark, etc.) By fire or heat.
- a heat (clay, chalk, etc.). B harden (bricks) by fire.
- colour, tan, or parch with heat or light.
- (be) put to death by fire. 10 cauterize, brand. 11 make, be, or feel hot, esp. Painfully. 12 (often foll. By with) (cause to) feel great emotion or passion (burn with shame). 13 slang drive fast. —n. Mark or injury caused by burning. burn one's boats (or bridges) commit oneself irrevocably. Burn the candle at both ends work etc. Excessively.
- n. Scot. Brook. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".