A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - thing given or done to pacify or bribe.
- piece of bread etc. Dipped in gravy etc. —v. (-pp-) 1 (as sopping adj.) Drenched (came home sopping; sopping wet clothes). - (foll. By up) soak or mop up. [old english] SOS
n. (pl. Soss) 1 international code-signal of extreme distress.
- urgent appeal for help. [letters easily recognized in morse] SOT
n. Habitual drunkard. sottish adj. [old english]
n. - colloq. Very small sum of money.
- hist. Former french coin of low value. [french from latin: related to *solid] SOW
v. (past sowed; past part. Sown or sowed) 1 (also absol.) A scatter (seed) on or in the earth. B (often foll. By with) plant with seed.
- initiate (sow hatred). sow one's wild oats indulge in youthful excess or promiscuity. [old english] - n. Adult female pig. [old english] SOY
n. - (in full soy sauce) sauce from pickled soya beans.
- (in full soy bean) = *soya 1. [japanese] SPA
n. - curative mineral spring.
- resort with this. [spa in belgium] SPY
—n. (pl. Spies) 1 person who secretly collects and reports information for a government, company, etc.
- person watching others secretly. —v. (spies, spied) 1 discern, see. - (often foll. By on) act as a spy. - (often foll. By into) pry. spy out explore or discover, esp. Secretly. [french espie, espier] SQN
Ldr. Abbr. Squadron leader.
abbr. State registered nurse.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.