One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. Plug for closing a bottle etc. —v. Close with this.
battery n. (also storage cell) battery (or cell) for storing electricity.
- heater n. Electric heater releasing heat stored outside peak hours. - n. - a storing of goods etc. B method of or space for storing. - cost of storing. - storing of data in a computer etc. STORIED
adj. Literary celebrated in or associated with stories or legends.
n. - stowing.
- place for this. STRANGE
adj. - unusual, peculiar, surprising, eccentric.
- (often foll. By to) unfamiliar, foreign. - (foll. By to) unaccustomed. - not at ease. strangely adv. Strangeness n. [french estrange from latin extraneus] STRATUM
n. (pl. Strata) 1 layer or set of layers of any deposited substance, esp. Of rock.
- atmospheric layer. - social class. [latin sterno strew] STREAKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 full of streaks.
- (of bacon) with streaks of fat. STRETCH
—v. - draw, be drawn, or be able to be drawn out in length or size.
- make or become taut. - place or lie at full length or spread out. - (also absol.) A extend (a limb etc.). B thrust out one's limbs and tighten one's muscles after being relaxed. - have a specified length or extension; extend. - strain or exert extremely; exaggerate (stretch the truth). —n. - continuous extent, expanse, or period. - stretching or being stretched. - (attrib.) Elastic (stretch fabric). - colloq. Period of imprisonment etc. - us straight side of a racetrack. at a stretch in one period. Stretch one's legs exercise oneself by walking. Stretch out 1 extend (a limb etc.). - last; prolong. Stretch a point agree to something not normally allowed. stretchy adj. (-ier, -iest). [old english] STREWTH
var. Of *'struth.
—adj. (also striated) marked with striae. —v. (-ting) mark with slight ridges. striation n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.