- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: N
Found: 615 results
n. Corner or recess; secluded place. [origin unknown]
n. Twelve o'clock in the day, midday. [latin nona (hora) ninth (hour): originally = 3 p.m.]
n. - standard, pattern, or type.
- standard amount of work etc.
- customary behaviour etc. [latin norma carpenter's square]
n. Any of three goddesses of destiny in scandinavian mythology. [old norse]
—n. - organ above the mouth of a human or animal, used for smelling and breathing.
- a sense of smell. B ability to detect a particular thing (a nose for scandal).
- odour or perfume of wine etc.
- front end or projecting part of a thing, e.g. Of a car or aircraft. —v. (-sing) 1 (usu. Foll. By about, around, etc.) Pry or search.
- (often foll. By out) a perceive the smell of, discover by smell. B detect.
- thrust one's nose against or into.
- make one's way cautiously forward. by a nose by a very narrow margin.
slang —v. Eat. —n. - food or drink.
- us snack. [yiddish]
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Inquisitive, prying. nosily adv. Nosiness n.
- parker n. Colloq. Busybody.
—n. - brief written record as an aid to memory (often in pl.: make notes).
- observation, usu. Unwritten, of experiences etc. (compare notes).
- short or informal letter.
- formal diplomatic communication.
- short annotation or additional explanation in a book etc.
- a = *banknote. B written promise of payment.
- a notice, attention (worthy of note). B eminence (person of note).
- a single musical tone of definite pitch. B written sign representing its pitch and duration. C key of a piano etc.
- quality or tone of speaking, expressing mood or attitude etc. (note of optimism). —v. (-ting) 1 observe, notice; give attention to.
- (often foll. By down) record as a thing to be remembered or observed.
- (in passive; often foll. By for) be well known. hit (or strike) the right note speak or act in exactly the right manner. [latin nota mark (n.), noto mark (v.)]
n. Word used to name a person, place, or thing. [latin nomen name]
n. - colloq. Common sense; gumption.
- philos. Mind, intellect. [greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cheetah can run 105 kilometres per hour.(on short distances)