As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
n. (pl. -cuses) 1 frame with wires along which beads are slid for calculating.
- archit. Flat slab on top of a capital. [latin from greek from hebrew] ABBACY
n. (pl. -ies) office or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess. [latin: related to *abbot]
n. Head of a community of nuns.
v. Carry off or kidnap illegally. abduction n. Abductor n. [latin duco lead]
adj. Miserable, wretched; degraded; despicable. abjection n. [latin jacio -ject- throw]
v. (-ring) renounce on oath (an opinion, cause, etc.). abjuration n. [latin juro swear]
predic. Adj. & adv. - on fire.
- glittering, glowing. - greatly excited. ABOARD
adv. & prep. On or into (a ship, aircraft, etc.). [from *a2]
v. - be plentiful.
- (foll. By in, with) be rich; teem. [latin unda wave] ABRADE
v. (-ding) scrape or wear away (skin, rock, etc.) By rubbing. [latin rado scrape]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".