A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
- —adv. - to such an extent (stop complaining so; so small as to be invisible; not so late as i expected).
- in this or that way; in the manner, position, or state described or implied (place your feet so; am not cold but may become so).
- also (he went and so did i).
- indeed, actually (you said it was good, and so it is).
- very (i am so glad).
- (with verbs of saying or thinking etc.) Thus, this, that (i think so; so he said). —conj. (often foll. By that) 1 consequently (was ill, so couldn't come).
- in order that (came early so that i could see you).
- and then; as the next step (so then i gave up; and so to bed).
- (introducing a question) then; after that (so what did you do?). and so on (or forth) 1 and others of the same kind.
- and in other similar ways. Or so approximately (50 or so). So as to in order to. So be it expression of acceptance or resignation. So long! Colloq. Goodbye. So much 1 a certain amount (of).
- nothing but (so much nonsense). So much for that is all that need be done or said about (a thing). So so adj. & adv. Colloq. Only moderately good or well. So what? Colloq. That is not significant. [old english]
- var. Of *soh.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".