A preacher went into his church and he was praying to God.
While he was praying, he asked God, "How long is 10 million years to you?"
He replied, "1 second."
The next day the preacher asked God, “God, how much is 10 million dollars to you?"
And God replied, "A penny."
Then finally the next day the preacher asked God, “God, can I have one of your pennies?"
And God replied, "Just wait a sec."
- v. (past saw; past part. Seen) 1 perceive with the eyes.
- have or use this power.
- discern mentally; understand.
- watch (a film, game, etc.).
- ascertain, learn (will see if he's here).
- imagine, foresee (see trouble ahead).
- look at for information (see page 15).
- meet and recognize (i saw your mother in town).
- a meet socially or on business; visit or be visited by (is too ill to see anyone; must see a doctor). B meet regularly as a boyfriend or girlfriend. 10 reflect, wait for clarification (we shall have to see). 11 experience (i never thought to see it). 12 find attractive (can't think what she sees in him). 13 escort, conduct (saw them home). 14 witness (an event etc.) (see the new year in). 15 ensure (see that it is done). 16 a (in poker etc.) Equal (a bet). B equal the bet of (a player). see about 1 attend to.
- consider. See the back of colloq. Be rid of. See fit see *fit1. See the light 1 realize one's mistakes etc.
- undergo religious conversion. See off 1 be present at the departure of (a person).
- colloq. Ward off, get the better of. See out 1 accompany out of a building etc.
- finish (a project etc.) Completely.
- survive (a period etc.). See over inspect; tour. See red colloq. Become enraged. See stars colloq. See lights as a result of a blow on the head. See things colloq. Have hallucinations. See through detect the truth or true nature of. See a person through support a person during a difficult time. See a thing through finish it completely. See to it (foll. By that) ensure. [old english]
- n. - area under the authority of a bishop or archbishop.
- his office or jurisdiction. [latin sedes seat]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".