The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Homer – who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket – went in to try out for the job.
"Okay," the sheriff drawled, "Homer, what is 1 and 1?"
"11," he replied.
The sheriff thought to himself, "That"s not what I meant, but he"s right."
"What two days of the week start with the letter "T"?"
"Today and tomorrow."
He was again surprised that Homer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself.
"Now Homer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?"
Homer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, "I don"t know."
"Well, why don"t you go home and work on that one for a while?"
So, Homer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Homer was exultant.
"It went great! First day on the job and I"m already working on a murder case!"
- anemone n. Marine animal with tube-shaped body and petal-like tentacles.
- bird n. Bird living near the sea.
- change n. Notable or unexpected transformation.
- cow n. - sirenian.
- dog n. Old sailor.
- front n. Part of a town directly facing the sea.
- green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) bluish-green.
- horse n. - small upright fish with a head like a horse's.
- mythical creature with a horse's head and fish's tail.
- legs n.pl. Ability to keep one's balance and avoid seasickness at sea.
- level n. Mean level of the sea's surface, used in reckoning the height of hills etc. And as a barometric standard.
- lion n. Large, eared seal.
- lord n. Naval member of the admiralty board.
- mile n. Unit varying between approx. 2,014 yards (1,842 metres) and 2,035 yards (1,861 metres).
- n. - expanse of salt water that covers most of the earth's surface.
- any part of this.
- named tract of this partly or wholly enclosed by land (north sea).
- large inland lake (sea of galilee).
- waves of the sea; their motion or state (choppy sea).
- (foll. By of) vast quantity or expanse.
- (attrib.) Living or used in, on, or near the sea (often prefixed to the name of a marine animal, plant, etc., having a superficial resemblance to what it is named after) (sea lettuce). at sea 1 in a ship on the sea.
- perplexed, confused. By sea in a ship or ships. Go to sea become a sailor. On the sea 1 = at sea 1.
- on the coast. [old english]
- pink n. Maritime plant with bright pink flowers.
- room n. Space at sea for a ship to turn etc.
- salt n. Salt produced by evaporating sea water.
- scout n. Member of the maritime branch of the scout association.
- urchin n. Small marine animal with a spiny shell.
- wall n. Wall built to stop flooding or erosion by the sea.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".