A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Hunting flies," he responded.
"Oh… Killed any?" she asked.
"Yep, three males, two females," he replied.
Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell?"
He responded, "Three were on a beer can, two were on the phone."
—v. (-bb-) 1 move something, esp. One's hand, with firm pressure over the surface of.
- (usu. Foll. By against, in, on, over) apply (one's hand etc.) In this way.
- clean, polish, chafe, or make dry, sore, or bare by rubbing.
- (foll. By in, into, through, over) apply (polish etc.) By rubbing.
- (often foll. By together, against, on) move with contact or friction or slide (objects) against each other.
- (of cloth, skin, etc.) Become frayed, worn, sore, or bare with friction. —n. - act or spell of rubbing (give it a rub).
- impediment or difficulty (there's the rub). rub along colloq. Cope or manage routinely. Rub down dry, smooth, or clean by rubbing. Rub it in (or rub a person's nose in it) emphasize or repeat an embarrassing fact etc. Rub off 1 (usu. Foll. By on) be transferred by contact, be transmitted (his attitudes have rubbed off on me).
- remove by rubbing. Rub out erase with a rubber. Rub shoulders with associate with. Rub up 1 polish.
- brush up (a subject or one's memory). Rub up the wrong way irritate. [low german]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog"s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew.