A father and son went fishing one day. While they were out in the boat, the boy suddenly became curious about the world around him. He asked his father, "How does this boat float?"
The father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
A little later, the boy looked at his father and asked, "How do fish breath underwater?"
Once again the father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
A little later the boy asked his father, "Why is the sky blue?"
Again, the father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
Finally, the boy asked his father, "Dad, do you mind my asking you all of these questions?"
The father replied, "Of course not, you don"t ask questions, you never learn nothin"."
—v. (-gg-) 1 provide (a ship) with sails, rigging, etc.
- (often foll. By out, up) fit with clothes or other equipment.
- (foll. By up) set up hastily or as a makeshift.
- assemble and adjust the parts of (an aircraft). —n. - arrangement of a ship's masts, sails, etc.
- equipment for a special purpose, e.g. A radio transmitter.
- = *oil rig.
- colloq. Style of dress; uniform (in full rig). rigged adj. (also in comb.). [perhaps from scandinavian]
- —v. (-gg-) manage or fix (a result etc.) Fraudulently (rigged the election). —n. Trick, dodge, or way of swindling. rig the market cause an artificial rise or fall in prices. rigger n. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".