—v. (-gg-) 1 provide (a ship) with sails, rigging, etc.
- (often foll. By out, up) fit with clothes or other equipment.
- (foll. By up) set up hastily or as a makeshift.
- assemble and adjust the parts of (an aircraft). —n. - arrangement of a ship's masts, sails, etc.
- equipment for a special purpose, e.g. A radio transmitter.
- = *oil rig.
- colloq. Style of dress; uniform (in full rig). rigged adj. (also in comb.). [perhaps from scandinavian]
- —v. (-gg-) manage or fix (a result etc.) Fraudulently (rigged the election). —n. Trick, dodge, or way of swindling. rig the market cause an artificial rise or fall in prices. rigger n. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".