Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
adj. (older, oldest) 1 a advanced in age; far on in the natural period of existence. B not young or near its beginning.
- made long ago.
- long in use.
- worn, dilapidated, or shabby from the passage of time.
- having the characteristics of age (child has an old face).
- practised, inveterate (old offender).
- belonging to the past; lingering on; former (old times; old memories; our old house).
- dating from far back; long established or known; ancient, primeval (an old family; old friends; old as the hills).
- (appended to a period of time) of age (is four years old; four-year-old boy; a four-year-old). 10 (of a language) as used in former or earliest times. 11 colloq. As a term of affection or casual reference (good old charlie; old thing). oldish adj. Oldness n. [old english]
- age n. Later part of normal life.
- bill n. Slang 1 the police.
- a policeman.
- boy n. - former male pupil of a school.
- colloq. A elderly man. B (as a form of address) = *old man.
- boy network n. Colloq. Preferment in employment, esp. Of fellow ex-pupils of public schools.
- country n. (prec. By the) native country of colonists etc.
- girl n. - former female pupil of a school.
- colloq. A elderly woman. B affectionate term of address to a girl or woman.
- glory n. Us us national flag.
- gold adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) dull brownish-gold colour.
- guard n. Original, past, or conservative members of a group.
- hand n. Person with much experience.
- hat adj. Colloq. Hackneyed.
- lady n. Colloq. One's mother or wife.
- maid n. - derog. Elderly unmarried woman.
- prim and fussy person.
- man n. Colloq. - one's husband or father.
- affectionate form of address to a boy or man.
- man's beard n. Wild clematis, with grey fluffy hairs round the seeds.
- master n. - great artist of former times, esp. Of the 13th–17th c. In europe.
- painting by such a painter.
- nick n. Colloq. The devil.
- norse n. - germanic language from which the scandinavian languages are derived.
- language of norway and its colonies until the 14th c.
- school n. Traditional attitudes or people having them.
- school tie n. Excessive loyalty to traditional values and to former pupils of one's own, esp. Public, school.
- soldier n. (also old stager or timer) experienced person.
- style n. Dating reckoned by the julian calendar.
- testament n. Part of the bible containing the scriptures of the hebrews.
- timer var. Of *old soldier.
- wives' tale n. Unscientific belief.
- woman n. Colloq. - one's wife or mother.
- fussy or timid man.
- world n. Europe, asia, and africa.
- year n. Year just ended or ending.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".