- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
Crossword puzzle help
of turpentine n. Volatile pungent oil distilled from turpentine, used as a solvent in mixing paints and varnishes, and in medicine.
- rig n. Structure with equipment for drilling an oil well. - slick n. Patch of oil, esp. On the sea. - well n. Well from which mineral oil is drawn. - —n. - any of various viscous, usu. Inflammable liquids insoluble in water (cooking oil; drill for oil). - petroleum. - (in comb.) Using oil as fuel (oil-heater). - a (usu. In pl.) = *oil-paint. B picture painted in oil-paints. —v. - apply oil to; lubricate. - impregnate or treat with oil (oiled silk). oil the wheels help make things go smoothly. [latin oleum olive oil]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog"s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew.