Little Jimmy was staring at a dog in the park whilst the dog was licking himself in inappropriate parts and said to his dad, "I wish I could do that."
Jimmy"s dad looked down at Jimmy and said, "Maybe if you ask the dog nicely, he might let you!!"
Abbr. Number. [latin numero, ablative of numerus number]
- claim bonus n. (also no claims bonus) reduction of an insurance premium after an agreed period without a claim.
- go adj. (usu. Hyphenated when attrib.) Colloq. Impossible, hopeless; forbidden (tried to get him to agree, but it was clearly no go; no-go area).
- man's land n. - space between two opposing armies.
- area not assigned to any owner.
- one n. No person; nobody.
- adj. - not any (there is no excuse).
- not a, quite other than (is no fool).
- hardly any (did it in no time).
- used elliptically in a notice etc., to forbid etc. The thing specified (no parking). no way colloq. - it is impossible.
- i will not agree etc. No wonder see *wonder. [related to *none]
- symb. Nobelium.
- var. Of *noh.
- —adv. - indicating that the answer to the question is negative, the statement etc. Made or course of action intended or conclusion arrived at is not correct or satisfactory, the request or command will not be complied with, or the negative statement made is correct.
- (foll. By compar.) By no amount; not at all (no better than before). —n. (pl. Noes) 1 utterance of the word no.
- denial or refusal.
- ‘no’ vote. no longer not now or henceforth as formerly. Or no or not (pleasant or no, it is true). [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".