A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
—v. - combine or put together (two or more substances or things) so that the constituents of each are diffused among those of the other(s).
- prepare (a compound, cocktail, etc.) By combining the ingredients.
- combine (activities etc.) (mix business and pleasure).
- a join, be mixed, or combine, esp. Readily (oil and water will not mix). B be compatible. C be sociable (must learn to mix).
- a (foll. By with) (of a person) be harmonious or sociable with; have regular dealings with. B (foll. By in) participate in.
- drink different kinds of (alcoholic liquor) in close succession.
- combine (two or more sound signals) into one. —n. - a mixing; mixture. B proportion of materials in a mixture.
- ingredients prepared commercially for making a cake, concrete, etc. be mixed up in (or with) be involved in or with (esp. Something undesirable). Mix it colloq. Start fighting. Mix up 1 mix thoroughly.
- confuse. [back-formation from *mixed]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.