A tough old cowboy told his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did this religiously, and lived to the age of 93.
When he died he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren… and a 15-foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.
n. - colloq. (prec. By a or in pl.) A a large number or amount (a lot of people; lots of milk). B colloq. Much (a lot warmer; smiles a lot).
- a each of a set of objects used to make a chance selection. B this method of deciding (chosen by lot).
- share or responsibility resulting from it.
- person's destiny, fortune, or condition.
- (esp. Us) plot; allotment of land (parking lot).
- article or set of articles for sale at an auction etc.
- group of associated persons or things. cast (or draw) lots decide by lots. Throw in one's lot with decide to share the fortunes of. The (or the whole) lot the total number or quantity. A whole lot colloq. Very much (is a whole lot better). [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".