Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup.
When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot,”
the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
- —v. (lies; lying; past lay; past part. Lain) 1 be in or assume a horizontal position on a surface; be at rest on something.
- (of a thing) rest flat on a surface.
- remain undisturbed or undiscussed etc. (let matters lie).
- a be kept, remain, or be in a specified state or place (lie hidden; lie in wait; books lay unread). B (of abstract things) exist; be in a certain position or relation (answer lies in education).
- a be situated (village lay to the east). B be spread out to view. —n. Way, direction, or position in which a thing lies. lie down assume a lying position; have a short rest. Lie down under accept (an insult etc.) Without protest. Lie in stay in bed late in the morning. Lie low 1 keep quiet or unseen.
- be discreet about one's intentions. Lie with be the responsibility of (a person) (decision lies with you). Take lying down (usu. With neg.) Accept (an insult etc.) Without protest. [old english]
- —n. - intentionally false statement (tell a lie).
- something that deceives. —v. (lies, lied, lying) 1 tell a lie or lies.
- (of a thing) be deceptive. give the lie to show the falsity of (a supposition etc.). [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".