A man asked for a meal in a restaurant. The waiter brought the food and put it on the table. After a moment, the man called the waiter and said:
"Waiter! Waiter! There"s a fly in my soup!"
"Please don"t speak so loudly, sir," said the waiter, "or everyone will want one."
before —adj. & adv. (in full leg before wicket) cricket (of a batsman) out because of stopping the ball, other than with the bat or hand, which would otherwise have hit the wicket. —n. Such a dismissal.
- n. - each of the limbs on which a person or animal walks and stands.
- leg of an animal or bird as food.
- part of a garment covering a leg.
- support of a chair, table, etc.
- cricket the half of the field (divided lengthways) in which the batsman's feet are placed.
- a section of a journey. B section of a relay race. C stage in a competition. leg it (-gg-) colloq. Walk or run hard. Not have a leg to stand on be unable to support one's argument by facts or sound reasons. On one's last legs near death or the end of usefulness etc. legged adj. (also in comb.). [old norse]
- up n. Help given to mount a horse etc., or to overcome an obstacle or problem; boost.
- warmer n. Either of a pair of tubular knitted garments covering the leg from ankle to knee or thigh.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".