As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
—interrog. Adv. - by what means, in what way (how do you do it?; tell me how you do it; how could you?).
- in what condition, esp. Of health (how are you?; how do things stand?).
- a to what extent (how far is it?; how would you like to take my place?; how we laughed!). B to what extent good or well, what … like (how was the film?; how did they play?). —rel. Adv. In whatever way, as (do it how you can). —conj. Colloq. That (told us how he'd been in india). how about colloq. Would you like (how about a quick swim?). How do you do? A formal greeting. How many what number. How much 1 what amount.
- what price. How's that? 1 what is your opinion or explanation of that? 2 cricket (said to an umpire) is the batsman out or not? [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".