While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft.
Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,
"Are there any gators around here?!"
"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain"t been around for years!"
Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore.
About halfway there he asked the guy,
"How"d you get rid of the gators?"
"We didn"t do nothin"," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got "em."
n. - a hard outgrowth, often curved and pointed, on the head of esp. Hoofed animals. B each of two branched appendages on the head of (esp. Male) deer. C hornlike projection on animals, e.g. A snail's tentacle.
- substance of which horns are made.
- mus. A = *french horn. B wind instrument played by lip vibration, orig. Made of horn, now usu. Of brass.
- instrument sounding a warning.
- receptacle or instrument made of horn.
- horn-shaped projection.
- extremity of the moon or other crescent.
- arm of a river etc. horn in slang intrude, interfere. horned adj. Hornist n. (in sense 3 of n.). [old english]
- of plenty n. A cornucopia.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".