dog n. Dog trained to retrieve game shot by sportsmen.
- —n. - weapon consisting of a metal tube from which bullets or other missiles are propelled with great force, esp. By a contained explosion.
- starting pistol.
- device for discharging insecticide, grease etc., in the required direction.
- member of a shooting-party.
- us gunman. —v. (-nn-) 1 a (usu. Foll. By down) shoot (a person) with a gun. B shoot at with a gun.
- go shooting.
- (foll. By for) seek out determinedly to attack or rebuke. go great guns colloq. Proceed vigorously or successfully. Stick to one's guns colloq. Maintain one's position under attack. [perhaps an abbreviation of the scandinavian woman's name gunnhildr, applied to cannon etc.]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".