A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Hunting flies," he responded.
"Oh… Killed any?" she asked.
"Yep, three males, two females," he replied.
Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell?"
He responded, "Three were on a beer can, two were on the phone."
dog n. Dog trained to retrieve game shot by sportsmen.
- —n. - weapon consisting of a metal tube from which bullets or other missiles are propelled with great force, esp. By a contained explosion.
- starting pistol.
- device for discharging insecticide, grease etc., in the required direction.
- member of a shooting-party.
- us gunman. —v. (-nn-) 1 a (usu. Foll. By down) shoot (a person) with a gun. B shoot at with a gun.
- go shooting.
- (foll. By for) seek out determinedly to attack or rebuke. go great guns colloq. Proceed vigorously or successfully. Stick to one's guns colloq. Maintain one's position under attack. [perhaps an abbreviation of the scandinavian woman's name gunnhildr, applied to cannon etc.]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".